Are you concerned about the quality of air at your home? We all should be. It may result in aggravated allergies, causes frequent colds, and even gives your home an unpleasant smell. You should take prompt action to enhance the indoor air quality for the health and well-being of yourself and your family. From installing the best commercial air purifier to strategically using the windows, here are some do’s and don’ts that will help.
- Do use an air purifier– Air purifiers ensure excellent circulation of air in your home. They strain out unwanted and harmful particles such as dust, mold, pollen, and pet dander from indoor air. Choose commercial air purification systems with HEPA air filters. They are certified to remove even the minutest particles and work wonders in terms of allergy relief.
- Do install a humidifier– Often, dry air is also a major issue, maybe not serious as airborne contaminants, but nonetheless. Both air conditioners and furnaces tend to remove moisture from the air. Getting a humidifier will help tackle the issue.
- Don’t avoid filter changes– Your air conditioners and furnaces need regular filter changes. It is because of the filters that dust is not circulated back into the air. When the filters get clogged, the performance of your devices deteriorate. You also become susceptible to breathing poor quality air.
- Don’t forget cleaning the air ducts– Even after the air passes through the filter, some dust remains in the air. That dust gets collected inside the air vents. You may not need to clean the ducts every month, but you must get them professionally cleaned every couple of years. Don’t let them go uncleaned for more than three-four years.
- Don’t keep the windows permanently closed– You like keeping your windows closed most of the time because of privacy concerns. Maybe you just want to keep outdoor pollution outside. While you shouldn’t open them on bad pollen days or when the pollution levels are alarmingly high, you do need to open them from time-to-time. If you don’t, the indoor air will become stale. So, on a calm, pleasant day, open your windows, and let the house air out!
Pollen, dust, and pet dander collect on surfaces, in upholstery and carpets. They can be easily blown back into the air. The quality of air, thus, deteriorates. So, apart from following the aforementioned points, regular cleaning is of utmost importance to ensure our indoor air remains clean and hygienic.
If you are planning to install an air purification system at home, we are your one-stop shop. We carry the best commercial air purifiers. Get in touch!