Air Purifier Accessories | Alpine Air Products
Alpine air purifiers are amazing devices that, quite literally, give you “a breath of fresh air”. However, even these fantastic machines eventually require certain parts be replaced so that the air purifier can do the best job it can. Alpineairproducts.com offers a number of different accessories at low prices to keep your air pure and your wallet full.
Improve your indoor air quality and keep it that way
Alpineairproducts.com offers air purifier replacements parts and more!
- Lint screens – If your lint screens have holes or have worn down over time then a replacement is necessary for the system to work as it should. The lint screen works in the same way as the one in a dryer. It filters the air and catches larger particles, ensuring that the air is made cleaner. To keep the screen working, make sure to clean it once a month with a cloth and warm water. Once the screen is dry, reattach it to the unit. When cleaning, inspect the screen for cracks or other imperfections that may compromise its integrity.
- HEPA filter – High Efficiency Particulate Arrestance (HEPA) filters are the gold standard in air filtration. To qualify, a filter must remove 99.97% of air particles that are 0.3 micrometers or larger. This filter is one of the most important part of any air purification system. Composed of randomly arranged fiberglass fibers, HEPA filters aren’t like other filters. HEPA uses three mechanisms that put them in a class of their own.
- Interception: The mesh fibers actually grab particles that pass near it. As air pollution sticks to the fibers, even particles small enough to pass through the opening will be stopped.
- Diffusion: Gas molecules capture smaller particles and slow their movement through the filter, leading the contaminants towards the fibers.
Impaction: The design of the filter creates air streams that direct particles towards the fibers, catching them before they reach the other side.
HEPA Filter Maintenance: There are three steps to this process. First, remove the filter and go outside. Second, use an air hose to blast the filter while holding it or placing it over a trash can. Clean both sides. Next, some people like to use a hose with moderate water pressure as an extra step. If you do so, only put the filter back once it has naturally dried. Make sure to check the functionality of the filter as there will come a point where a replacement is the only option for optimum air quality.
- RCI cells – Radiant catalytic ionization (RCI) cells are an integral part of the Alpine purification system. The creation of ozone oxidizes pathogens in the air and renders them harmless.
- Fan motor/blade – To both pull in bad air and push out good air, the purifier requires a working fan.
- UV lamp – On many models the system will indicate when the UV light needs to be replaced. UV lights eliminate many pathogens and harmful air particles, making the air much cleaner than it would otherwise be. UV light is one of the most effective methods of cleaning bacteria from water. This is equally true of UV light in air purification systems. The sun produces UV light which is a natural form of air purification. However, just like the sun, an individual should not look directly at a UV light for a prolonged period of time. Alpine air purifiers house the light within the system, eliminating this issue.
- Fuse/fuse holders – Is your purifier not turning on? Often this is due to a blown fuse in the system. If this is the case then a simple replacement is all you need.
- Harsh environment pads – Do you have an environment that produces lots of odor, airborne particles dust and dander? Harsh environment pads give your system the extra level of filtration you need. One of the main benefits of this accessory is the reduction in maintenance. In general, you will only need to clean your unit once every three to six months instead of monthly.
- Owner’s manual – Have you lost the owner’s manual for your Alpine air purifier or are you using a secondhand system? Order a hard copy from us!
- Living Water – We also supply accessories and replacement parts for the Living Water purification system.
- Ozone plate – An integral part of the ozone system of air cleaning, the plate should be replaced about every year or two depending on use and maintenance. The ozone that is produced from the plate combines with odors, chemicals and gasses. Often the ozone reduces pollutants into oxygen and water. Since you should be able to smell ozone in the air, if the unit stops producing that smell, it is time to replace it.
If your unit is no longer removing smells from the air then you will need to check the purifier and its parts to see what may need to be replaced. Please ensure to read the owner’s manual thoroughly for proper operation procedures and information on how to troubleshoot and replace components. If you are unsure about any aspect of the inspection, repair or replacement process, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you for visiting our site! Please have a look at our air purification accessory pages for more information and visit our specials page for money saving deals.
Why Should I Care About Indoor Air Quality?
The reason you need to consider investing in not just an air purifier but a range of air purifier accessories is because there are significant hazards to low air quality. Typically, we only ever think of air quality in relation to the outdoors and the presence of harmful toxins that have been released into the atmosphere. However, air quality inside can be just as serious as what we find outdoors.
There are many sources of indoor air pollution that might merit the purchase of an air purifier and air purifier accessories, including:
- Fuel-burning combustion appliances
- Tobacco products
- Building materials and furnishings like asbestos insulation and certain varieties of pressed wood
- Household cleaning and maintenance products
- Central heating and cooling systems and humidification devices
- Excess moisture
- Radon, pesticides and other outdoor air pollutants
Poor indoor air quality has a wide variety of health problems associated with it. They can range from short-term eye and throat irritation to long-term respiratory diseases and even cancer. Time and again, scientists in the United States continue to rank indoor air pollution as one of the most important environmental problems in the United States.
That’s just a couple reasons why indoor air quality is so important. For the sake of you and your family, you need to make sure that they are not being exposed to low air quality. There are a few methods experts agree upon.
The first of which is source control. Source control involves the elimination of individual sources of pollution or to reduce their emissions. For example, this might involve the removal of asbestos or the adjustment of a gas stove. It is a cost-efficient and effective way of helping the indoor air quality of your home improve.
You could also invest in ventilation improvements, though adding these advanced designs to your home’s heating and cooling system or even installing extra windows in your home is a luxury few people can afford.
Ultimately, investing in an air purifier just makes sense if you want to make sure you are breathing the cleanest air possible. There are many types and sizes that can be purchased from Alpine Air Products as well as many air purifier accessories to make sure your unit of choice is performing at its peak.
Far too many purifiers on the market today are simply glorified dust filters and not very effective in cleaning the air around your home. That is why it is so important to purchase your air purifier as well as all the accessories you need to make the most of it from Alpine Air Products. We only deal with the best and most trusted brands so that whether you are buying a new unit or air accessories to add on to your existing system, you are guaranteed to breathe better with our state-of-the-art products.
Air Purification for Asthma
Those who suffer from asthma can greatly benefit from a home air purifier. Asthma is triggered by exposure to various irritants, much like the way allergies are trigged, but with worse results.
Pollen, dust, mites, mold as well as dander can all land you with shortness of breath or wheezing in your chest from inflammation and narrowing of the bronchial tubes. Affecting more than 26 million Americans, anything that can help lessen the effects of this disease is going to be a welcome relief for many.
Investing in a home air purifier from Alpine Air will remove harmful particles from the air, and save you emergency room visits, hospital stays, as well as missed days from work or school.
Air Purification for Allergies
It’s not just those that are plagued by asthma that can benefit from the removal of harmful particles from the air. Along with banning smoking from your home and avoiding carpets, as well as pets, purchasing an air filtration system to deal with your allergies will be a big help.
What is the best air purifier for allergies? A true HEPA filter like the ones offered at Alpine Air will capture at least 90% of all particles 0.3 microns or larger. However, ensuring that you’re purchasing a true HEPA filter is important. Those on the market that claim to be aren’t always so, and therefore not as efficient.
When you need the best air purifier for allergies, rely on Alpine Air products.
Air Purification for Second-hand Tobacco Smoke
Whether you live with a roommate or family members who smoke and you are sensitive to it, or you just purchased a home filled with the after-effects of a smoking household, air purification is your answer.
By purchasing an air filtration system from Alpine Air, you’ll be using its primary function of drawing in air from a room, and passing it through a series of filters to remove pollutants and release it back into the room.
With an air purifier, you can remove smoke odors, and capture harmful chemical components.
Stay Safe and Healthy
If you’re looking for relief from a wide variety of ailments or just want to breath cleaner air, an Alpine Air true HEPA air filter is the best option for you.
Take a look through our site for all the products and accessories you could ever want, and if you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to give us a call or send us an email! We’re always happy to help.